As its name
suggests, the 1876 House was built that year. The property was owned by a single
family from the 1870s until it became part of Land's End in 2000. Care was taken through the years to preserve its original architectural
features and spacious interiors. Set back on a rise overlooking the
lake, views from the covered porch are extraordinary.
* Ten-foot by 48-foot covered porch overlooking lake and mountains. Gates for small children.
* One bedroom with king bed (twin mattresses), 1881 wood stove, windows on
* Living room with 1860 wood stove, 1871 Steinway piano and 1930s sheet
* Dining area with table seating ten.
* Kitchen with onlookers' table and adjacent breakfast room seating six.
* Full bathroom (tub/shower).
* Outdoor charcoal grill with buffet table aside a 130-year-old rock
* Three bedrooms: one with king bed (twin mattresses); one with queen bed;
the other with two
twin beds. Each bedroom has windows on two sides and a
Hunter ceiling fan.
* Full bathroom (shower, no tub).